You must create an account to reply to emails.
Any time you need a temporary email address, just make one email@example.com.
- if you need an email address but do not want to receive spam in your personal inbox
- use it for sign ups on web sites that force you to log in
- give it out to strangers
- use it to collaborate for projects
- send mail to mailsac for testing purposes
- use it when you (legally) want to receive email without disclosing your identity
- it is perfect if you want an email address or multiple addresses and do not want to sign up for them
- comment on blogs without creating an account!
There are many reasons messages may not be received by Mailsac.
- The sender blocks traffic to disposable email providers like Mailsac. This is common with email signups or email verifications. People running websites do not want a bunch of spam accounts.
- Large message size. Mailsac only supports messages up to about 1 MB.
- Throttling. Non-paying customers can be throttled for sending too much. We are happy to lift this for paying customers. Usually it is easiest for us to lift it on your Verified Domain.
In all cases, if you contact support, we can help you work around these problems. Either by hosting your own instance of Mailsac, contacting us for help, or moving you to a separate inbound or outbound IP.
Email messages are saved for somewhere between 1 week or more and three days, sometimes less. No guarantees!
If you are logged in and star a message, it will not be recycled until you unstar it. Or if you have made it private, messages will be kept up to your storage limit.
Nope. Only you can see them when you are logged in.
Absolutely! We love to hear from developers that use Mailsac.
All we ask is that you don’t send more that a few messages per minute. More than that might degrade the quality of the service for everyone else, and get you throttled. Contact us about reducing throttling, or buy an API key.